Authentically Christian, Distinctively Classical
A Classical Christian understanding of life makes a profound difference in how we approach education. From the content of our curriculum to the methods of our teachers to the culture of our students and parents, an authentic Christian faith and a distinctively Classical philosophy of education inform every aspect of our mission.
The core values of the Annapolis mission include:
- Glorifying God: Annapolis was founded on the conviction that our highest purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. This conviction informs our whole approach to education as we seek to love God with all our hearts and minds and serve others with the gifts he has given us.
- Impacting Lives: More than just academics, Annapolis exists to impact the lives of students, families, and our community. We accomplish this by providing a safe and nurturing educational community committed to discipleship, education, and service.
- Daring to be Wise: The Classical Christian tradition teaches that wisdom is supreme and that the source and origin of a wise and flourishing life begins with the fear of the Lord (Prov. 9:10). This conviction drives our passion for learning within the context of a biblical world and life view.
- Serving our City: Annapolis seeks the peace and prosperity of the city of Corpus Christi and surrounding areas by upholding:
- Truth: Through education, we desire to disciple young people and to see their hearts and minds stirred, challenged, renewed and transformed with a Christ-centered curriculum
- Beauty: Through the arts we desire to reflect the beauty of creation and to see the culture and beauty of our city engaged and redeemed.
- Goodness: through the development of Christ-like character, we desire to serve the needs of others and to shine the love of Christ into our city.
- Celebrating Diversity: Annapolis celebrates the diversity of belief and practice found within the larger Christian community in Corpus Christi and is committed to preserving the unity of all Christians in the bond of peace. As an interdenominational and ecumenical Christian community, our motto is “In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity.”