ACA - An Ecumenical Community
“In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity.”
Annapolis Christian Academy recognizes that doctrinal diversity exists among the larger Christian community. Therefore, all doctrinal issues not directly addressed in the Annapolis Statement of Faith are referred to as “Secondary Doctrine.” Examples of secondary doctrine include such topics as modes of baptism, end times, free will / predestination, efficacy of sacraments, gifts of tongues and prophecy, etc. Classroom discussion of secondary doctrine is conducted in a respectful and non-coercive educational manner.
Statement of Faith
Annapolis Christian Academy’s foundation is built upon the following core beliefs. They are also the key elements of Christianity that are taught in various ways throughout all grade levels.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost–they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church which is the universal body of believers whose head is Christ and whose mission is to carry on His work until He returns in glory.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, reflecting the image and nature of God. We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman, and that any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
Statement on Final Authority for Matters of Faith and Conduct: The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Annapolis Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of directors is ACA’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.