UPDATED – December 7, 2020
Annapolis Christian Academy recognizes that during this time of global pandemic, there may not be a true “consensus” on best practices for student and faculty safety. It is our desire to use the least restrictive means to ensure safety while continuing to provide our educational ministry. We believe this is best done in person, together. We will continue consulting with the medical experts within our ACA family, keep up-to-date on what similar schools are doing, and remain cognizant of recommendations from local, state, and national medical experts. The plans listed here are purposeful and have been made with the information we have at present but they are subject to change if needed. Our focus remains coming alongside you as you raise your children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
Summary of COVID Protocols
- Touchless temperature scans for all PreK-12th students upon arrival to school will be done by 1st period homeroom teachers.
- Students will be placed into cohorts, generally by grade level, and will spend the predominant amount of their school day with their cohorts, which will include a rotation for Grammar Morning Time, Grammar and Solar Chapel, and All-School Convocations/Chapels. Those not attending in person will participate via livestream.
- Parents and other visitors will not be allowed to attend Chapel or Morning Time at this time to decrease the number of people in the Sanctuary.
- Masks are required for all students during drop off, pick up, and at other times where students and/or faculty are intermingling and it is not possible to maintain proper social distancing. Students, faculty, and staff do not need to wear masks when solely with their grade level cohort or in their classroom unless a teacher requires otherwise or students elect to.
- Students will have lunch in their classrooms. Parents will not be allowed to drop lunch off during the day. Please plan to pack a lunch or order from Sugarbakers, our hot lunch provider.
- Face coverings during outdoor recess are optional.
- A designated room for students who present any symptoms of illness during the day has been established. Students will wait there until they can be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- In-classroom precautions will be taken, including spacing desks and seating, washing hands/sanitizing on entry and exit, etc., and there will be regular desk cleanings throughout the day.
- A visitor policy is being implemented that includes visitor health screening and mask-wearing requirements.
- Drop Off and Pickup will be in designated locations around campus.
- Dismissal times are staggered to minimize the co-mingling of students.
- Policies for interscholastic sporting events are still in development as we are waiting for more information from our league and conference.