UPDATED – July 24, 2020
- Touchless temperature scans for all PreK-12th students upon arrival to school will be done by 1st period homeroom teachers.
- Students will be placed into cohorts, generally by grade level, and will spend the predominant amount of their school day with their cohorts, which will include a rotation for Grammar Morning Time, Grammar and Solar Chapel, and All-School Convocations/Chapels. Those not attending in person will participate via livestream.
- Parents and other visitors will not be allowed to attend Chapel or Morning Time at this time to decrease the number of people in the Sanctuary.
- Masks are required for all students during drop off, pick up, and at other times where students and/or faculty are intermingling and it is not possible to maintain proper social distancing. Students, faculty, and staff do not need to wear masks when solely with their grade level cohort or in their classroom unless a teacher requires otherwise or students elect to.
- Students will have lunch in their classrooms. Parents will not be allowed to drop lunch off during the day. Please plan to pack a lunch or order from Sugarbakers, our hot lunch provider.
- Face coverings during outdoor recess are optional.
- A designated room for students who present any symptoms of illness during the day has been established. Students will wait there until they can be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- In-classroom precautions will be taken, including spacing desks and seating, washing hands/sanitizing on entry and exit, etc., and there will be regular desk cleanings throughout the day.
- A visitor policy is being implemented that includes visitor health screening and mask-wearing requirements.
- Drop Off and Pickup will be in designated locations around campus.
- Dismissal times are staggered to minimize the co-mingling of students.
- Policies for interscholastic sporting events are still in development as we are waiting for more information from our league and conference.
We are blessed to serve a Lord Who is not surprised by global pandemics but who instead promises that He is our rock, fortress, shield, stronghold, deliverer, and salvation (Psalm 18:1-2). We are excited to see His plans for the 2020-2021 school year and look forward to seeing everyone virtually and on campus in a few weeks!
- In order to limit the number of people in our buildings, Back to School night on August 3rd will be for new ACA families only.
- The school morning for PreK-12th will begin at 8:20 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m for PreK-6th. The first day of school all students must be in Chapel Dress.
- All school convocation/House Induction will take place in the Sanctuary on August 5th at 9am. However, in an effort to reduce the number of people in one space, parents and other family members will not be allowed to attend. Only 7th grade parents and new 8th-12th parents will be allowed in the chapel as it will be the House Induction. We are working on a plan to Live Stream convocation/induction that morning for those who would like to watch.
- Temperature scans will be taken upon arrival by the class teacher.
- We will limit as much as possible the co-mingling of students.
- Desks will be spread out in the classrooms as much as possible to allow for distance between students.
- For lunch, students will eat by grade level which means some grades will remain in their classrooms for lunch.
- Visitors are welcome on campus but must go through an initial health screening to be on campus.
- As always, we will continue to be vigilant about hand-washing, encouraging students to not touch their faces, and cough and sneeze into the crook of their elbows.
- Masks will be recommended but not required on campus, however, some staff may require them in their classrooms to help ensure their safety.
ACA Road Map to Reopening
Back to School Podcast
In this episode, the first of a series planned to provide information about what to expect when we return to school August 5, 2020, Head of School Mr. Travis Lockyer discusses the general plans and the possibility of remote/virtual learning. More details will be provided in future episodes as those details become available.